Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Collecting GPS Data Points

On Friday March 23 I visited the preserve and took GPS data points.  I along with Nick Conrad and 2 of his fellow land trust members had to use snowshoes in order to hike in and reach the preserve.  We hiked in through the woods for a little until  we came to a snowmobile trail which ran in to the old turnpike road.  We then took that road which lead us right into the preserve.  On our hike we visited the 2 vernal pools that are located on the preserve as well as the highest point on the preserve.  We followed trail markers but by making this map I hope to make it easier to follow the trail to the Vernal pools.  I took GPS points along the trail and at the Vernal Pools that we stopped at. Also there was a stone wall that we found and I marked the coordinates of it as well.  It was a great day for snowshoeing and I had a lot of fun visiting this preserve.      

No comments:

Post a Comment